In the event of a relationship breakdown it can be daunting to know what to do so you need to seek get advice from a specialist Family Divorce law solicitor

In order to be able to issue divorce/dissolution proceedings the parties must have been married or have entered into the partnership for at least 1 year.

to be able to issue proceedings you must be able to show that the relationship has irretrievably broken down which needs to be based on one of the following grounds.

  • Unreasonable behaviour
  • Adultery (not applicable for civil partnerships)
  • The parties have been separated for at least 2 years and the other party consents to the divorce/dissolution
  • A period of desertion of at least 2 years
  • Separation of at least 5 years. You do not need the consent of the other party to this

We provides an initial free consultation and also a fixed fee divorce where the marriage has broken down and the couple are willing to cooperate.

For further information please get in touch via our contact page, call us on 01245 216 888 or email [email protected].



Chelmsford Office
78 New London Road
Tel: 01245 216 888


At Archers we aim to make our service as accessible as possible to all our clients and always give the best advice we can. Please feel free to contact us online, by phone or by post.

We aim to answer all enquiries as soon as possible but, if your matter requires urgent attention, we would encourage you to call us directly.

2 + 15 =