We advise both landlords and tenants on a range of issues relating to commercial and business lease terms, whether offices, shops, industrial units, warehouses, retail units or any other type of commercial property. We provide clear, practical, appropriate advice on the complex issues that can arise in a commercial lease before, during and after the relationship between landlord and tenant.
We can assist at all stages of the transaction – from the start of the negotiations to the completion of the deal. We can provide specific and bespoke advice for commercial landlords, tenants and property management agents.
Our services include:
- Drafting and negotiating lease terms and contracts
- Assignments (transfers of existing leases) and sub-letting
- Business Lease renewal
- Enforcement of breach of lease
- Forfeiture (where landlord claims an entitlement to terminate the lease, usually for non-payment of rent)
- Specialist advice regarding offices, shops, restaurants or industrial units
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Issues arising from the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 and lease renewals
- Landlords’ consents
- Service charge issues
- Recovery of possession
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews/rent arrears